SUMMER MARKET 2016
Reservations for spaces at the Antietam Valley Farmers’ and Artists’ Summer Market are now open.
One year ago, the Antietam Valley Farmers and Artists Market (AVFAM) was created to bring quality artisan and farm products to the Antietam Valley. In addition, we set out to create a market which fosters a true sense of community. The Antietam Valley and surrounding areas have really embraced the market and made it the Saturday hub of our community! We have seen the neighborhood support the market both as a place to gather and chat with friends and to purchase quality artisan products. Enthusiasm for the market was so great that we were able to create a successful winter market. It has been a truly wonderful journey filled with new friendships and knowledge about the benefits of buying and supporting our regional farmers and artists.
With the support of the Antietam Valley Community Partnership (AVCP) and permission from the Antietam Valley Recreation & Community Center (AVRCC) and Mount Penn Borough Municipal Authority, this market – located on the former site of the 27-acre historic Carsonia Park – has been a strong contributor to the social and economic vitality of our area and surrounding agricultural communities.
We are offering you the opportunity to rejoin our market or join for the first time as we embark on our second year. Our market year runs every Saturday from May 21 through October 1. (Rain or shine! We have an indoor venue if needed!) It begins at 8am and ends at 12pm. We have been preparing once again for another successful year filled with targeted events designed to attract a variety of demographics and special interest groups. Our dedicated group of volunteer community members has tried to keep costs at a minimum while offering a quality market to our surrounding neighborhood and beyond.
On the right on this page, you will find an application form and market rules and regulations. >>
We sincerely hope you will join us! Applications are due by the week of March 27th, so we can start to publicize this exciting venture. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Michelle Boyle at email@example.com, or call at 610-823-2900.
We look forward to you being a partner in our market!
- Vendor may apply by submitting the application on the right of this page by email or mail as follows:
mail: AVFAM Market Master
208 Mayer Street, Reading, PA 19606
- Vendor fee must be paid when the application is submitted.
- Full Time Vendor 2016 season fee is $200 – must attend 18 of 20 market days.
- Part Time Vendor 2016 season fee is $25/market day.
- Additional 10 x 10 space is available for $50 for the season.
- Applications are due no later than March 27, 2016.
- Each vendor must provide a minimum of $500,000 in liability coverage and issue a certificate to: Antietam Valley Recreation & Community Center (AVRCC), 905 Byram St., Reading, PA 19606; Mt. Penn Borough Municipal Authority (MPBMA), 200 North 25th St, Reading, PA 19606; and the Antietam Valley Community Partnership (AVCP), PO Box 3616, Reading, PA 19606; naming those bodies as “also insured”. (These three certificates must be included with the application.)
- Proof in insurance, 3 copies, must be included with the application. Past vendors, if your certificates are not expired, you do not need to include.
- Vendors will be required to submit a new application each market season
- No walk-ons will be permitted to participate in the AVFAM.